UPDATE: Native Foreigner is no longer accepting submissions for the digital magazine, but if you’d like your story published on our website, feel free to follow the guidelines below!
Tap Into Your Inner Travel Voice
So you’ve traveled abroad, huh? And now you want to share your experience with the world?
Looks like you’ve come to the right place!
We welcome articles, photos and recipes for our quarterly travel magazine. A brief overview of our submission guidelines is listed below. In addition, detailed guidelines can be found by clicking here.
If you have any questions, please contact Lindsay Hartfiel at email@example.com.
Articles should reflect a “travel-inspired lifestyle.” Your article can describe a particular event, encounter or trip, but it must focus on how international travel has changed you and inspired you AFTER returning home. Remember, it’s not just about the experience, but how that experience impacted you as a traveler and as a person.
- Length: 700-1,000 words
- Photos: attach up to 15 photos (.jpg preferred) – please attach the original high-resolution files
- Content: must be written in first person and be original (no previously published articles)
- Bio: please see the submission guidelines pdf for additional information
*Please note that all articles are subject to editorial changes to fit the voice of the magazine. By submitting an article, you agree to any changes that are made. Additional information can be found in our terms and conditions.
Submit your best travel photos for inclusion in our photo section.
- Submit FIVE photos, including a picture of yourself. Landscape-oriented photos are preferred over vertical images.
- Photos should capture a particular moment or scene. While the drinking photos with your friends might make you smile, please save them for your own photobook!
Send the original photos (.jpg preferred) along with the following:
- Your name
- Date photos were taken
- About: 2-3 sentences about yourself and where you traveled.
- Most memorable moment abroad: 2-3 sentences
- Website: include your blog or website url and Twitter name, if applicable
Submit a profile on yourself. Include the following information:
- Website url and Twitter name (if applicable):
- Reason for going abroad:
- Length of time abroad:
- Current location:
- Describe a typical day abroad:
- Favorite international food:
- Most memorable moment:
- Advice for others:
- Photos — please attach 3-4 high-resolution images from your time abroad, including a photo of yourself
Send us your favorite international recipe. Include the following information:
- Name of the recipe
- Cook time
- Bio — please send a photo of yourself and a brief description of where you are from. Include your website url or Twitter name, if applicable.
*Optional – if you have a photo of the recipe, feel free to send it!
NOTE: To be considered for a particular issue, please see the submission deadlines below:
- Winter 2013 issue — submit by December 10, 2012
- Spring 2013 issue — submit by March 11, 2013
- Summer 2013 issue — submit by June 10, 2013
- Fall 2013 issue — submit by September 9, 2013